Total Pageviews

Friday, January 21, 2011

Witch and Wizard


Summery:
It's overwhelming. A city's worth of angry faces staring
up at me like I'm a wicked criminal. The stadium is
filled past capacity. Hundreds of thousands of curious,
uncaring, or at least indifferent faces . . .
And there are no moist eyes, much less tears.
No stomping feet.
No fist raised in solidarity.
In fact, as the countdown ticker flashes onto the
giant video screens, it's looking to be my family's last day.
I see my brother, Whit, wondering if there's some
last-minute way out of this. I see my mother crying
quietly for Whit and me. I see my father, stooped
with resignation, but smiling at me and my brother-
trying to remind us that there is no point being
miserable in our last moments on this planet.
But I'm getting ahead of myself. There's a lot
to cover before we get to the details of our
public execution.

So let's go back a bit . . . .

Review:

I loved this book but some things I want to point out are:

1. I didn't like how the author switched from Wisty to Whit's point of view. You should have one person telling the story.

2. "The One Who ______ " was unnecessary.

3. The magic and wicca theme is overused.

4. The characters were predictable and 2-D.

5. Instead of YA writing this was geared towards children.

Final Grading:

Details: 7/10
Characters: 5/10
Plot: 6/10
Theme: 8/10
Recommendation: 4/10

Total:30/50

No comments:

Post a Comment